Electronic Reading Room
In compliance with the 1996 E-FOIA Amendments, FinCEN makes certain records created after November 1, 1996, available electronically. Records we make accessible electronically include, but are not limited to, final opinions rendered in the adjudication of cases, policy statements and interpretations not published in the Federal Register, administrative staff manuals and instructions affecting a member of the public, copies of records frequently requested under the FOIA and an index of those documents, as well as other public documents and links to related sites and reference materials.
Information accessible electronically through this FOIA Web page:
- FinCEN FOIA Logs
- Frequently Requested FOIA-Processed Records
- FinCEN's Records Retention Schedules
- FinCEN's Major Information and Record Locator Systems
- Reference Guide for Obtaining Information
- Comments on Past Regulatory Proposals
- Administrative Letter Rulings
- FinCEN Regulatory Actions--find, view, and comment (use search term FinCEN)
Conventional Reading Room
FinCEN provides a room on an ad hoc basis when necessary for public inspection and copying of records. Before visiting the reading room, be sure to first contact FinCEN’s Disclosure Office at (703) 905-5034 to determine the hours during which the reading room may be open (or to schedule a visit) and to verify that any specific document or information that you are seeking is, in fact, maintained in the reading room.